A leading international law firm has a new opportunity for an experienced Early Careers Manager to lead their Trainee Development team in developing an increasingly diverse pool of graduates for legal roles in their London office.
The Trainee Development team are responsible for working alongside the Trainee Solicitor Partner, and key senior stakeholders to manage and develop processes and projects which will provide Trainee Solicitors with a rich and positive training experience whilst ensuring the firm’s global resourcing requirements for trainees at each seat move and on qualification are met.
Primary areas of focus for the team include: Trainee performance management, trainee qualification, resource planning/seat planning, client and international secondments and trainee and future joiner relations.
The main duties of this exciting opportunity will include:
- Supporting the team to deliver on key processes including seat change, secondments, qualification and performance management. Providing HR and development support to the trainee population to ensure a positive training experience
- Work with the Trainee Development Partner to implement retention strategies with a specific focus on diversity.
- Point of escalation for any trainee or future trainee issues
- Build and manage relationships with key stakeholders across the business.
The successful applicant will have the following skills:
- Proven HR and Graduate Development experience in a professional services organisation
- Strong grasp of technical HR knowledge
- Understanding and experience of graduate screening and selection, to include excellent interviewing skills
- Proven track record of building credibility quickly and developing trusted advisor relationships with senior stakeholders
- Experience of delivering projects and processes on a cyclical basis
- Computer literate - good working knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint and HR Systems
As a responsible business, it is important that we represent the diversity of our people, our clients and our communities. We believe that the firms that thrive are those with the most diverse team; that's why we work so hard to source the best talent from the broadest pool possible. As an equal opportunities employer we strive to accommodate anyone who may have specific needs. If you require reasonable adjustments to be made during the selection process, please talk to a member of the recruitment team so that any required adjustments can be made in advance.