Do you thrive off coaching, developing and managing a team? If so, this is a great opportunity, where you will be responsible for developing and implementing firmwide business development and marketing strategy, in addition to managing a team of highly professional and energetic BD & Marketing people.
Reporting to the Marketing and Business Development Director, and deputising in their absence, you will work collaboratively with the Communications Manager to provide marketing and business development advice to partners and lawyers in sector groups, departments and project teams.
Role requirements include:
- Developing and implementing marketing and BD strategy in agreed sectors and with departments
- Assist with the development of business plans
- Develop new business opportunities whilst being alert to the firm’s strategic focus and growth opportunities in the market
- Monitor key clients and assist in updating client plans
- Collaborate with the Marketing and BD director on annual budgeting
- Line management and team support – including appraisal process, coaching, support and mentoring
- Ensure team planning documents are up to date and good processes are in place
- Project manage the team on key projects – ensuring they are aligned fully to strategic objectives
Knowledge and experience
- A strong understanding and experience of business-to-business marketing, business development and relationship management within the professional service environment
- Strong influencing skills - able to communicate effectively at all levels
- Strong, demonstrable, line management experience and skills
- Excellent operational and project management skills
- Commercial and wide perspective thinking
Please contact us to discuss further and for a full job description.
As a responsible business, it is important that we represent the diversity of our people, our clients and our communities. We believe that the firms that thrive are those with the most diverse team; that's why we work so hard to source the best talent from the broadest pool possible. As an equal opportunities employer we strive to accommodate anyone who may have specific needs. If you require reasonable adjustments to be made during the selection process, please talk to a member of the recruitment team so that any required adjustments can be made in advance.