Totum Partners are delighted to be working with a Law firm who are recruiting for a Senior Legal Cashier
The ideal Senior Legal Cashier will be responsible for:
- Working closely with the manager to ensure the smooth and efficient running of the accounts payable and office cashiering team
- Supervising team members during the manager’s absence
- Checking and posting client funds coming in and going out
- Client and Matter set up on PMS
- Managing daily client bank reconciliations
- Setting up client account payments and checking payments
- Ensuring compliance with SRA rules
- Reviewing credit disbursements
- Chasing fee earners re unallocated client funds.
- Allocate daily payments into the Office account
- Cheque paying in and cheque payments
- Client to the office and office-to-client transfers daily.
- Assisting with Month End process
- Review residual balances on a monthly basis
The ideal Legal Cashier will have:
- Experience working as a Client Cashier in a law firm within Office Accounts
- Experience in supervising
- Strong knowledge of SRA Rules and VAT regulations
- Strong IT skills including good working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
As a responsible business, it is important that we represent the diversity of our people, our clients and our communities. We believe that the firms that thrive are those with the most diverse team; that’s why we work so hard to source the best talent from the broadest pool possible. As an equal opportunities employer, we strive to accommodate anyone who may have specific needs. If you require reasonable adjustments to be made during the selection process, please talk to a member of the recruitment team so that any required adjustments can be made in advance.