A fantastic opportunity for an experienced L&D professional to join an international law firm and their highly regarded team. This role will report into the Head of L&D and be responsible for providing a high-quality L&D service to the firm. Whilst this is a London based role the client group is global. The successful candidate will be a team player, have passion for L&D with a can-do attitude and global mind-set.
The successful candidate will have overall responsibility for:
- Professional skills development
- Management and delivery of the global Business Services curriculum for all non-legal employees and the leadership programme.
- Identifying training needs across client groups, developing appropriate solutions.
- Liaising with speakers and suppliers on content, planning, timings, providing a brief to ensure objectives are met.
- Budget management for the Business Services curriculum and functional team L&D budgets.
- Support for learning support within teams: designing / sourcing content for team days for example.
- Reviewing each training session to ensure participants have a high quality, relevant and applicable learning experience.
- Supporting the Head of L&D in creating a suite of global professional skills courses
- Delivering training sessions internally on a global basis ensuring webinars are as interactive, pragmatic and engaging
- Supporting the Head of L&D and HR leadership team with ad-hoc projects and training such as ‘train the trainer’ and various professional skills training as required
- Supporting the Head of L&D in reviewing the London and firmwide offering, processes, activity levels, ROI data and coach panel.
- Support the Head of L&D to develop strategy for coaching and fit with mentoring program.
- Manage coaching logistics for relationship matching.
The successful applicant will have ideally gained the following experience:
- Preferably have experience of operating at Senior Assistant or Officer / Advisor level in a Learning & development function within an international law firm or professional services firm
- Track record of pro-actively identifying areas where L&D can contribute to excellence in client service and/or drive efficiencies across the business
- Experience in designing and delivering professional skills programmes
- Ability to influence and motivate lawyers and Business Services professionals at all levels to participate in and contribute to learning and development activities
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to develop and sustain professional relationships across the business
- Have a proven ability to be pragmatic and be able to manage conflicting priorities • Have outstanding client service skills and an ability to meet business needs whilst setting appropriate expectations
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to deal with people at all levels; and able to deal with external contacts and suppliers
As a responsible business, it is important that we represent the diversity of our people, our clients and our communities. We believe that the firms that thrive are those with the most diverse team; that's why we work so hard to source the best talent from the broadest pool possible. As an equal opportunities employer we strive to accommodate anyone who may have specific needs. If you require reasonable adjustments to be made during the selection process, please talk to a member of the recruitment team so that any required adjustments can be made in advance.