Senior Business Development Manager
This is a unique and superb opportunity to join an established, highly regarded firm with true technical expertise, in helping innovative businesses grow using R&D tax incentives. This boutique R&D tax incentives firm, established almost a decade ago, is truly entrepreneurial in spirit. With offices based around the UK, they are growing exponentially, and require new talent to join their Education and Awareness team.
They are looking for a professional, experienced Business Development expert to create, manage and convert own relationships through high levels of personalised outreach. The firm’s culture is highly collaborative, and you will work closely with the broader teams to develop relationships and opportunities.
As part of an experienced team of experts, you will form an integral part of helping both new and existing clients understand the value of R&D tax incentives, evaluating their eligibility whilst championing the firm as the leading provider.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Champion the R&D tax incentive - educate potential clients on the value, it's applicability, and use your knowledge and sophisticated approach to help businesses evaluate their eligibility by understanding their business and their requirements.
- Develop strong relationships with potential prospects to position this firm as a premium provider.
- Create opportunities through personalised outreach across a variety of channels - including targeted calls, email, LinkedIn.
- Work with your colleagues to develop prospects from industry associations and other referral sources.
- Uses Salesforce effectively to manage relationships and prospects pipeline.
Qualities and skills
- Entrepreneurial, ambitious and resilient.
- Passion for innovation.
- Enthusiastic about developing own leads and developing key relationships with prospects.
- Excellent communication skills, comfortable with C-suite individuals and ability to adapt to different audiences/preferences.
- Desire to learn and understand the R&D incentive - with the ability to assimilate technical knowledge quickly and communicate appropriately.
Qualifications and experience
- 5+ years' experience in a fast-paced B2B relationship development, business development or account management role.
- Experience in, or working with, businesses in industries such as fintech, SaaS, engineering, professional services or a tech startup would be advantageous.
- Experience of using a CRM such as Salesforce
Flexible working and wellbeing is high on the agenda at this firm, and with an excellent remuneration package, it really is a fabulous opportunity.