An exciting opportunity at a US Law firm for a Senior Advisor to join their London Trainee Development and Lateral Associate Recruitment Team.
This unique role supports and coordinates the efficient and effective operation of the London Trainee Development programme and all Lateral Associate recruitment working closely with Local and Central Talent Management teams, London Talent/Diversity Leads and other Business Professionals. The aim of the role is to provide an effective training and professional development programme for the firm’s future talent: trainee solicitors in addition identifying, attracting and engaging strong lateral candidates. The trainee programme currently encompasses all individuals on the 2 year Training Contract which will transition to 2 years of Qualifying Work Experience from September 2023.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
Coordinate the administration of the London Trainee programme to ensure SRA (Solicitors Regulatory Authority) compliance. Working closely with the Training Principal and International Attorney Development Lead:
- Coordinate new Trainee onboarding, orientation, integration and ongoing professional development training
- Coordinate Trainee rotations including Supervisor and Mentoring assignments
- Support Trainee evaluation process (including liaising with associates and partners in relation to the preparation of the evaluation feedback, scheduling of the evaluations and preparation of summary evaluation packs)
- Schedule and conduct Trainee development meetings with each trainee (approx. every 2 months), giving advice and guidance when looking at career plans and discussing performance and experience to date. Keep a record of key information and escalate any concerns to the Training Principal and International Attorney Development lead
- Assist with qualification assessment and placement of Trainees as first year associates following the conclusion of the training contract
- Support and attend Graduate Recruitment events throughout the calendar working closely with the Graduate Recruitment Coordinator to attract and engage potential further Trainees
- Work with the International Attorney Development lead and Training Principal to ensure a smooth transition to Qualifying Work Experience (QWE) from the current Training Contract and lead on project management and communications of the requirements and expectations
- Data management including monitoring of work availability reports
- Support the rotation of Librarian duties
- Monitors emerging trends in peer law firms with regards to all aspects of Trainee training and suggest ideas for change, innovation or greater efficiency on trainee development initiatives and/or programme processes
- Coordinate all aspects of Lateral Associate recruitment working closely with the London Lateral Hiring Partner, Talent/Diversity Leads, International Attorney Development Lead and central TM Recruitment team:
- Support the London office strategies for attracting and hiring lateral lawyers through the instruction of third party agents, CV review process, coordination of interviews and communication of feedback which includes, but is not limited to, data entry, assisting with filling interview schedules, greeting candidates and soliciting interview evaluations
- Coordinate the preparation of job descriptions and information packs for new lateral hiring projects
- Maintain timely communication with external recruiters on hiring progress
- Coordinate relationships with well positioned D&I partners in the London legal marketplace and facilitate a working relationship with the International Attorney Development Lead and Central D&I team
- Coordinate immigration process for Lateral Associates requiring sponsorship
- Support Lateral Associate onboarding, orientation and integration including Mentor assignments
The successful applicant will ideally have had five years of progressively responsible experience in the graduate recruitment, talent management, professional development in a law firm or a similar environment.
Applications from qualified lawyers looking for a change of direction in their career will also be considered.
As a responsible business, it is important that we represent the diversity of our people, our clients and our communities. We believe that the firms that thrive are those with the most diverse team; that's why we work so hard to source the best talent from the broadest pool possible. As an equal opportunities employer we strive to accommodate anyone who may have specific needs. If you require reasonable adjustments to be made during the selection process, please talk to a member of the recruitment team so that any required adjustments can be made in advance.