About the Role/Firm – What’s Great about it!
This is a newly created Qualified Management role within an extremely prestigious law firm based in the city. They are looking for someone who is either ACA Qualified, having audited professional services/law and looking for their first move into industry or someone who has gained 2 + years of experience and is looking for that next career move.
They want someone who is inquisitive, organized, who wants to develop their career and gain more commercial experience.
Reporting to the Financial Controller, working in a team of 5 Qualified Accountants you will be involved in a wide variety of tasks that – Financial/Management/Partnership/Tax accounting.
Duties will include but are not limited to:
- assist in annual LLP statutory accounts preparation and audit
- prepare and analyse financial management information/reports
- prepare tax reports including VAT returns (including for overseas office)
- support budgeting and forecasting processes including reporting and variance analysis
- prepare monthly cashflow and variance analysis
- support partnership accounting including postings and coordinating confidential payments/charges
- involvement in various legal survey reporting
- financial control checks and maintenance
- support the month end system close; and
- support projects within the broader finance function.
- Your inquisitive, focused and always seek professional and self development
- You are ACA/ACCA/CIMA Qualified
- You have industry experience with the Professional Services Sector. Ideally Law
- You have excellent excel and good finance systems experience
- You are able to give technical advice with a commercial approach
- You are a sophisticated communicator. Strong relationship builder. A persuasive presenter and equally comfortable engaging with partners, peers, others throughout the firm, auditors and tax advisers.