A unique opportunity for an experienced HR professional to join a leading national law firm on a part-time basis as their HR Manager. Working closely with the partners across the offices and the COO, you will be required to develop and implement the HR plan. This is an exciting opportunity for an ambitions HR leader to lead the function and transform the employee value proposition while supporting the organisation to support and encourage high performance.
Key responsibilities will include:
HR guidance and advice:
- Providing excellent, expert advice on employee and partner issues and managing issues of varying complexity.
- Managing ER cases and supporting line managers with coaching, advice and guidance.
- Conducting investigations for disciplinary and grievance processes and assist with the drafting of all correspondence relating to formal processes.
- Supporting individual employees on day-to-day HR issues/policy queries
Talent and performance management:
- Assisting with recruitment.
- Working closely with partners and providing expertise on talent management, performance-related and promotion processes.
- Developing the performance evaluation process to ensure that it is consistent across the firm.
- Support in preparing for appraisals.
Reward and remuneration
- Liasing with payroll on any related matters
- Assisting with the salary review process
- Reviewing the benefits offered by the firm compared to the industry and providing detailed proposals for improving the benefits.
- Analysing the employee engagement survey results to assess where action and improvements are required.
- Developing company policies and ensuring that all company policies and processes are consistently applied and that all HR queries are dealt with promptly and reliably.
- Organise the induction process, reviewing materials regularly and ensure they are up to date.
The desired experience and qualifications will include:
- Preferably CIPD qualifies.
- Over 5 years of HR experience.
- Ideally have gained professional services experience and an understanding of working in a partnership.
- Excellent oral and written communication, interpersonal, organisational, administrative, and technical skills.
- Be resourceful, proactive and apply initiative to problem solve.
As a responsible business, it is important that we represent the diversity of our people, our clients and our communities. We believe that the firms that thrive are those with the most diverse team; that's why we work so hard to source the best talent from the broadest pool possible. As an equal opportunities employer we strive to accommodate anyone who may have specific needs. If you require reasonable adjustments to be made during the selection process, please talk to a member of the recruitment team so that any required adjustments can be made in advance.