Totum are delighted to be partnering with this highly respected and industry leading Top 20 Law firm in their search for a Management Information Analyst. This role has dual report to both the Finance Director and COO of the Firm so you will have the opportunity to impact improvements in process and efficiencies.
Experience they are looking for:
- You have current/relevant experience as an MI Analyst/Similar role
- You have solid, proven experience in a similar role preferably in a legal or professional services environment.
- You are comfortable with writing complex SQL queries and procedures in SQL Server/T-SQL
- You are experienced in building SSRS (2012 or above) reports in Visual Studio (2012 or above) and with using GITHub for source control
What you will be responsible for:
- Contribute to the development of the firm’s Management Information strategy and play a critical role in its delivery and evolution.
- Evaluate the current set of management information reports and maintain/house-keep the essential reports.
- Analyse usage reports to assist with user engagement and ensure the removal of out-of-date reports
- Manage Kanban to track reports to be built or evolved.
- Seek to standardise reporting across the firm, as guided by the COO and Finance Director with a focus on the future growth of the firm.
- Evaluate data requests and advise internal clients such as the COO, practice areas and business teams on the most effective way to source data they require, prioritising and writing reports if required.
- Write and maintain reports using SQL Server Report Services (SSRS) report-builder from our accounting and client on-boarding systems.
- Conduct regular review of SQL procedures to ensure they are running efficiently.
- Create ad-hoc spreadsheets linked to SQL data sources.
- Oversee the smooth distribution of reports to the practice area and business teams including managing access for on demand reports and email subscriptions for pushed reports.
- As time allows, undertake increasing levels of analysis of firm-wide performance for the COO and Finance Director.
- Collaborate closely and effectively with the Senior Infrastructure & Applications Manager on systems/data projects and to ensure consistency of data mining and overall approach
- Update Change Control Register in line with ISO27001
- Fully document all reports, reporting mechanisms and tools. Undertake data testing of new or evolved reports before their release to the owner for testing.
- Liaise with external system providers (Linetime and Katchr) regarding bugs that will affect MI reporting and implement fixes where appropriate.
- Support Pricing and Costs Advisor to continue to build their skills and confidence in SQL.
They offer hybrid working, discretionary bonus and a range of other benefits! They are looking to set up interviews asap.
As a responsible business, it is important that we represent the diversity of our people, our clients and our communities. We believe that the firms that thrive are those with the most diverse team; that's why we work so hard to source the best talent from the broadest pool possible. As an equal opportunities employer we strive to accommodate anyone who may have specific needs. If you require reasonable adjustments to be made during the selection process, please talk to a member of the recruitment team so that any required adjustments can be made in advance.