Totum are delighted to be working with this super prestigious, Top 50 International Law Firm.
They are looking for a Qualified Management Accountant, 2 years PQE and preferably with experience/knowledge of SAR & FRS 102.
The role is very much a business facing, so they are looking for strong communicators who are able to liaise with/advise budget holders.
They have a great team environment, offer hybrid working and a great benefits package!
Who they are looking for:
- Professionally qualified (ACA, ACCA) accountant with minimum 2 year PQE
- Knowledge of UK GAAP/Reporting Standards (FRS102 knowledge is preferable) and SAR
- Highly PC literate
- Previous experience with Elite desirable
- Commercial aptitude with a modern, pro-active approach
What you will be doing:
- Completion of monthly general ledger (trial balance) reconciliations (e.g. accruals, prepayments)
- Managing the distribution of "Responsible Party" reports each month and the review of the Balance Sheet reconciliations received
- Monthly preparation of the Profit and Loss Account
- Meeting with budget holders to discuss cost variances and report thereon
- Oversee production of fixed asset registers
- Preparation of VAT returns
- Review monthly, quarterly and annual National Statistics returns and other annual returns
- Assisting in the annual budgeting process. Preparation of Finance budget and review of other departmental budgets
- Assisting in the preparation of the Firm’s statutory accounts, including the production of extended trial balances
- Perform ad-hoc duties within the accounting department (e.g. set up on-line payments, deal with car purchases/disposals etc)
- Maintenance of key masterfiles in the Elite accounting system including creation of GL/budget codes.
- Other ad hoc projects and reports as required
- Dealing with the annual audit including preparation of an audit file and providing requested information
- Assisting in the development of the department's intranet content, including policies and procedures.
- Preparation of biannual payment practices report
- Preparation of PWC and other surveys