This boutique law firm is looking to hire a Part or Qualified ACCA/CIMA Management Accountant to work within their Central London Offices based near Chancery Lane. The firm has a global presence, and the role will involve working closely with both the US and German offices.
Working in a small and friendly team, reporting directly to the Finance Director, you will be responsible for producing the management accounts on aderant. The role also offers the opportunity to get more involved commercially longer term.
- Ideally you will have experience of working with the Legal Sector/Law Firm accounting experience
- ACCA/CIMA Part (Intermediate stage and above) or Qualified
- Have experience of data interrogation, preparing management information and a good working knowledge of the VAT regulations and SRA Accounts Rules
- You are organised, pro-active and keen to participate in helping further develop the London Finance function
- You have good communication and inter-personal skills, having the ability to build a good working rapport with partners, lawyers and PAs to provide effective and efficient management reporting, case funding and expenditure support
What you will be doing
- Support the Finance Director with the annual budget process; review and suggest correction to GL postings, to ensure accurate actual against budget variance monitoring.
- Carry out data interrogation to assist in preparation of management information and reports, as directed, for both routine and adhoc distribution.
- Support the Finance Director to develop and maintain suite of management reports for the London office.
- Assist with the preparation of the VAT, EC sales list, Intrastat and ONS submission, as required.
- Maintain the Fixed Assets Register and depreciation schedules.
- Assist with the monthly Balance Sheet reconciliations; preparation of payroll, prepayments, accruals and control A/cs monthly journals and reconciliation.
- Responsible for the monthly office bank account and credit card control account reconciliation
- Preparation of the data for the annual PSA and P11D reporting
- Support the Finance Director to implement and deliver any accounting and/or reporting platforms changes.
Accounts Payable and expenses (assisting with)
- Administration and validation of all the London office expense claims and payments via the Chrome River expense platform
- Oversee and assist with the input of all office invoices and disbursements fee notes onto Enterprise
- Organising all approved office invoices and disbursements into a regular and routine payment cycle
Case Costs Funding
- Responsible for the maintenance and updating of payment requests for case costs funded
- Responsible for overseeing all Third-Party Funding Notice [case costs] payments are accurately set up for payment.
- Assistance to the legal teams by providing accurate information for case funding budget purposes.
- Ensure compliance to regulatory legislation including VAT, Solicitors Accounts Rules and Money Laundering requirements
- Provide cover for the allocation of monies received against invoices, notifying Partners/Fee Earners, and recording to the appropriate client matter ledgers.
- Provide cover for the client bank accounts transfer monies between the client and office ledger as appropriate.
As a responsible business, it is important that we represent the diversity of our people, our clients and our communities. We believe that the firms that thrive are those with the most diverse team; that's why we work so hard to source the best talent from the broadest pool possible. As an equal opportunities employer we strive to accommodate anyone who may have specific needs. If you require reasonable adjustments to be made during the selection process, please talk to a member of the recruitment team so that any required adjustments can be made in advance.