Totum Partners are delighted to be working with a Leading Law firm recruiting for a Legal Cashier. Working in a finance team of 20 finance, your will be assisting with office and client cashiering, billing, and reconciliations.
The ideal Legal Cashier will be responsible for:
- Ensuring that all legal cashiering duties are undertaken
- Processing, posting and checking client and office account transactions
- Billing and allocating WIP
- Allocating client and office account receipts
- Processing, banking & posting cheques received
- Reconciling client, office and deputyship accounts
- Reconciling and posting the court fee account
- Assisting the reconciliation and posting of the credit card account
- Assisting the monitoring of costs received to ensure compliance to SARs
- Assisting the preparatory work for the annual audit of accounts
- Occasional cheque production, petty cash/foreign currency administration
The ideal legal cashier will have:
- Experience working in a law firm in a finance role – essential
- Proven ability to organise, prioritise and work to tight.
- Proven ability to work and contribute in a team
- Ability to communicate accurately, clearly and concisely,
- Good attention to detail.
As a responsible business, it is important that we represent the diversity of our people, our clients and our communities. We believe that the firms that thrive are those with the most diverse team; that's why we work so hard to source the best talent from the broadest pool possible. As an equal opportunities employer we strive to accommodate anyone who may have specific needs. If you require reasonable adjustments to be made during the selection process, please talk to a member of the recruitment team so that any required adjustments can be made in advance.