A national law firm has an exciting opportunity for a Learning & Development Manager to join their highly regarded Learning and Development function and be based in their Manchester office. The Learning and Development (L&D) function is a dedicated team supporting the Firm’s strategic, operational, and regulatory learning objectives and requirements. This includes programs specific to trainees, qualified lawyers and business services staff and includes the full breadth of training from soft skills to professional ethics and compliance
Key duties and responsibilities:
Main duties and responsibilities in conjunction with the Learning and Development Team:
- Working with the Head of Learning and Development and the Learning and Development Manager to design and deliver management, leadership and soft skills training for various programmes;
- Supporting trainee and solicitor compliance with SRA requirements.
- Managing the Core Legal Programme, working closely with the Training Champions in each department
- Working with the Professional Ethics and Compliance team, Data Protection Officer, Anti-Money Laundering Officer and Anti-Bribery Partner to manage the administration of compliance training;
- Be instrumental in re-enforcing the learning and development culture in the firm
- Managing the Associate Development Programme
The successful applicant will have solid demonstrable experience of operational L&D knowledge and skills and the importance of delivering value and the additional key skills:
- Solid relevant L&D experience and skills with particular emphasis on;
- Event/lesson designing and planning.
- Training needs analysis, establishing / identifying learning and development needs and setting outcomes for individuals, groups and Firm.
- Choice of learning approaches; etc.
- Delivery of virtual and hybrid training using Microsoft Teams, Zoom etc.
- Demonstrable working knowledge within the legal industry and a strong understanding with reference to its culture, functions and learning and development regulations.
- Demonstrable experience of possessing strong interpersonal skills and ability to build strong relationships with stakeholders.
- Proven ability to deal confidently with people at all levels of the firm, and from all disciplines and backgrounds.
- Proven ability to work independently and autonomously, take initiative, influence, negotiate and deliver within strict deadlines / targets.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Promotes the sharing of best practice and knowledge across the firm.
As a responsible business, it is important that we represent the diversity of our people, our clients and our communities. We believe that the firms that thrive are those with the most diverse team; that's why we work so hard to source the best talent from the broadest pool possible. As an equal opportunities employer we strive to accommodate anyone who may have specific needs. If you require reasonable adjustments to be made during the selection process, please talk to a member of the recruitment team so that any required adjustments can be made in advance.