A leading law firm has a fantastic opportunity for an experienced L&D professional to join a them as their L&D Manager for a FTC of 12 months. Reporting to the Senior HR Business Partner, the L&D Manager will take on responsibility for the development and delivery of the full learning and development solutions across the firm.
Key responsibilities of this role include:
- Support the development of the firms L&D strategy; working with the Senior HR Business Partner, HR Director and members of the Senior Management Team to ensure this aligns with the firm’s strategy.
- Own and manage the annual training and development calendar and budget.
- Run employee trainee needs analysis, to input into annual L&D planning and review. Ensure the key learning needs for the team/individuals are identified and tracked/monitored accordingly.
- Work with third parties to design, deliver and evaluate training programmes, assessing value for money and impact on individual learning needs.
- Produce and maintain in-house training materials.
- Main contact for all L&D support and advice.
The ideal candidate will have previously gained the following key skills and experience:
- Working at the L&D Manager level, preferably within a law firm or partnership environment
- Identifying learning needs and designing practical learning solutions to meet business and commercial needs.
- Partnering with senior stakeholders across the business with a confident, credible and pragmatic approach
- Programme design and development which reflects the firm’s values, using different modes of learning.
- Be forward thinking with a genuine interest in the latest learning and development practices.
- The ability to deal quickly and calmly with a range of demands.
- Excellent team player, working collaboratively with others
As a responsible business, it is important that we represent the diversity of our people, our clients and our communities. We believe that the firms that thrive are those with the most diverse team; that's why we work so hard to source the best talent from the broadest pool possible. As an equal opportunities employer we strive to accommodate anyone who may have specific needs. If you require reasonable adjustments to be made during the selection process, please talk to a member of the recruitment team so that any required adjustments can be made in advance.