I am currently working with a leading IP firm and assisting in the recruitment of a Financial Controller on a 12 month contract. This role has overall responsibility for management of the team, you will be responsible for maintaining the accounts for all business entities and presenting individual entity and group financial information to the COO on a monthly basis. The role will also be responsible for preparing all relevant statutory accounts. The role is also responsible for the provision of meaningful and value-added performance reporting and analysis, as well as the development and implementation of the financial plan.
The main responsibilities of the role include:
- Ensure all relevant statutory and financial reporting and payments are completed on a timely basis including those related to VAT and Payroll
- In conjunction with COO, maintain all partner accounts ensuring timely and accurate payment of drawings, distributions and tax liabilities.
- Produce financial business plan and annual budget for all departments
- Deliver an accurate and timely year end process; to include effective management of the annual audit process and production and filing of Group annual statutory accounts
- Prepare all information for the annual income tax calculations
- Overall responsibility and overseeing of all activities carried out by the Finance team, ensuring output is accurate, timely and delivered in compliance with accounting principles and industry standards.
- Produce timely and accurate financial management information and reports and manage the firm’s financial affairs for all business entities
- Perform and manage monthly and quarterly balance sheet accounts reconciliations including consolidation and inter-company reconciliations
- Perform profit and loss fluctuation analysis with variance analysis against budget
- Conduct review of monthly accruals and prepayments for all Group entities
- Ensure effective management of the Group’s fixed assets
- Resolve accounting discrepancies and irregularities
- Manage cash flow and banking arrangements for all operations in conjunction with COO, including foreign currency trading
Applicants should be a qualified (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent) accountants with strong technical accounting skill and first-rate organisation skills. The ideal candidate would have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in a Financial Controller position and experience of working in a multi-entity, multi-currency professional services environment, ideally as a Financial Controller.