A leading global law firm has a fantastic opportunity for a professional and engaging HR Manager to lead their London based HR team. The HR team provide a comprehensive offering, including end-to-end advisory support to all practice groups and Business Services departments.
The main responsibilities of this role will include:
- Developing and sustaining strong working relationships with key stakeholders to become a trusted advisor to leaders across the relevant departments.
- Provide high quality, proactive advice and guidance on disciplinary, grievance, health and wellbeing, performance, absence, flexible working requests and other employee relations issues which supports the effective management and development of people.
- Provide regular strategic management information to departments, including in-depth analysis to identify key themes, as well as continually looking for ways to improve what is provided and how it is utilised.
- Provide proactive HR and wellbeing support to employees, being a visible and fully embedded HR presence within the relevant departments.
- Ensure the structure of the relevant department is appropriate and meets the firm’s business needs including, where necessary, advice and support on re-organisations, restructurings, redundancies and internal transfers.
- Responsible for the implementation and smooth running of the performance review processes, including 360 for senior management, attending moderations meetings, and proactively looking for initiatives to increase employee engagement.
- Work closely with the Reward and Benefits team on the annual salary and bonus reviews.
The successful candidate will have gained the following key skills:
- CIPD Qualified
- Previous experience within a professional services environment, ideally legal.
- Client focused, with the ability to adapt approach and service.
- Good working knowledge of employment law and best practice HR management.
- Experience of using HR systems and management information.
- Ability to build strong business relationships with internal and external contacts.
- A confident, proactive individual prepared to take a hands-on approach to managing their workload using their own initiative.
As a responsible business, it is important that we represent the diversity of our people, our clients and our communities. We believe that the firms that thrive are those with the most diverse team; that's why we work so hard to source the best talent from the broadest pool possible. As an equal opportunities employer we strive to accommodate anyone who may have specific needs. If you require reasonable adjustments to be made during the selection process, please talk to a member of the recruitment team so that any required adjustments can be made in advance.