A fantastic opportunity for an experienced HR professional to join a leading law firm in a true HR Business Partner role.
This is a pure generalist HR role, working across the firm on all aspects of the HR function, including employee engagement, learning and development, people management, ED&I and talent leadership strategies.
Key responsibilities will include:
Business Partner role
- People Management - working closely with the Head’s of Departments and Managers on all aspects of employee relations for your departments. Building trust and leading with a pro-active approach, having regular meetings and conversations with Partner and employees.
- Running the HR Programmes within your departments
- Researching HR policies and procedures and assisting to amend policies to ensure practices and the Employee Handbook are up to date.
- Leading the recruitment process for your dedicated departments, from determining the need in the department and job role, management authorisation, through to liaising with the recruitment agencies and cycle from interview to offer. With the assistance of the HR Administrator.
- Running Inductions for new employees in your departments.
- Taking an active leadership and process role, providing advice, strategic thinking and delivering our successful HR programmes.
- Taking a leading role in the EDI committee, assisting with the development of key initiatives, ensuring the programme is well-run, promoted and adds value to the employees.
- Taking a leading role in the CSR committee – providing new ideas, HR assistance to ensure the committee runs a successful programme
- Charity of the Year – Running the Charity of the year initiative and activities throughout the year with assistance from the committee.
- Running the graduate recruitment process along with the Head of HR and HR team, including writing promotional materials, advertising, interviewing, and running the assessment centres, all the way through to offer.
The successful applicant will have gained the following key skills:
- 5 years experience in an HR role, ideally within the legal or wider professional services sector.
- Demonstrated success in managing HR operations, including talent acquisition, performance management, and organisational development.
- Experience leading change projects, with a track record of driving successful outcomes.
- Excellent knowledge of employment legislation and HR best practices.
As a responsible business, it is important that we represent the diversity of our people, our clients and our communities. We believe that the firms that thrive are those with the most diverse team; that's why we work so hard to source the best talent from the broadest pool possible. As an equal opportunities employer we strive to accommodate anyone who may have specific needs. If you require reasonable adjustments to be made during the selection process, please talk to a member of the recruitment team so that any required adjustments can be made in advance.