A leading and innovative London law firm has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Senior HR Advisor/HR Business Partner to join a supportive and collaborative HR team.
As a Senior HR Advisor, your role will be to deliver HR support and advice to partners and managers for allocated teams, building strong and effective relationships with both individuals and managers within these teams. The teams you will support are all Business Services teams, the Secretarial Group, and a Fee Earner Practice Group. You will be the first point of HR contact for these teams. You will also have responsibility to support and lead on various HR projects.
Key responsibilities will include:
HR Business Partnering:
- Provide commercial advice and support to managers and partners on employee relations issues such as performance, disciplinary and grievance, ensuring a consistent approach across teams.
- Review progress of new joiners (alongside line managers) throughout a new joiner's probationary period, advising and supporting managers if any concerns are raised during probation.
- Regularly analyse sickness and absence trends and proactively address any issues with managers and the HR team.
- Conduct exit interviews with leavers, seeking feedback to understand any issues or trends and making recommendations accordingly, discussing with the HR Team and relevant managers.
- Liaising with managers and partners on capacity levels within their teams, understanding and advising on recruitment needs. Preparing job specifications, liaising with recruitment agents, conducting interviews and preparation of offer paperwork.
- Conducting HR inductions for new joiners.
- Managing the IRIS HR System, ensuring data is up to date and using to compile data and reports.
- Looking after maternity, paternity and shared parental leave requests.
- Managing flexible working requests.
- Supporting the Graduate Recruitment and Development Manager where needed during busy graduate recruitment periods.
- Assisting the Learning and Development Manager on an ad – hoc basis.
- Liaising with the HR Manager to proactively identify issues and concerns within your key teams, ensuring problems are addressed at an early stage.
- Provide support and guidance to the HR Administrators, helping to support their development.
- Lead on the Wellbeing Programme, ensuring our initiatives are attractive and relevant to our employees' interests and needs.
- Involvement with ad-hoc HR projects, supporting the HR Manager, Head of HR and other managers across the firm.
The successful applicant will have the following skills:
You will be an experienced generalist HR professional, ideally having worked within the legal sector or a professional services environment for at least three years in an Advisor capacity. You will have the ability to deliver high quality HR support and advice and deal with senior stakeholders, building strong relationships at every level. CIPD qualifications are desirable.
In addition, the ideal candidate will have:
- Sound technical knowledge including relevant employment law, employee statutory rights, the Equality Act, ACAS codes of practice, etc;
- A strong academic background;
- Strong emotional intelligence and ability to adapt to different situations and environments;
- A professional, willing and proactive approach, demonstrating initiative and the ability to take ownership of work;
- A high level of accuracy and attention to detail, with excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- A calm, resilient nature, with the ability to work under pressure, manage multiple priorities and deadlines;
- A confident communicator with the ability to build and maintain working relationships across the business to ensure credibility at all levels;
- A positive, dedicated and team orientated work ethic.
As a responsible business, it is important that we represent the diversity of our people, our clients and our communities. We believe that the firms that thrive are those with the most diverse team; that's why we work so hard to source the best talent from the broadest pool possible. As an equal opportunities employer we strive to accommodate anyone who may have specific needs. If you require reasonable adjustments to be made during the selection process, please talk to a member of the recruitment team so that any required adjustments can be made in advance.