A leading law firm have a new opportunity for an enthusiastic, experienced and commercially minded HR Business Partner to join their well-established, experienced HR Team. Reporting to the Head of HR Business Partnering, this is a great opportunity to a leading national law firm at a time of change and growth.
With a HR generalist background, the successful candidate will have experience of working in a collaborative environment, forging strong relationships with stakeholders and colleagues at all levels. The HRBP will provide support with the development and delivery of the HR strategy, by challenging and supporting on existing and new working practices and behaviours. The HR business partner responsibilities will be broad and varied, ranging from day-to-day employee relations to all stages of strategic HR Project work.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Take a key role within the HR team to develop the HR function and the service it provides to the business
- Understand and interpret HR needs in each department and provide advice from a commercial perspective
- Develop and sustain productive business relationships across the firm to become a trusted advisor on HR matters
- Support the coaching and upskilling of partners, Business Group Heads and Business Services managers in the development of their people management skills
- Work with HR team and stakeholders across the business on various HR and L&D projects
- Manage and support annual operational milestones such as promotions and pay review
- Keep up to date on and participate in annual market intelligence and benchmarking activities for salaries and remuneration
- Continuously encourage a culture of regular feedback
- Create meaningful impact in priority areas such as talent retention and employee engagement and motivation
- Proven experience as an HRBP (preferably in a legal or professional services partnership)
- A credible individual who can influence stakeholders across the business
- Experience of solving people issues to a successful conclusion
- Commercially astute and a good understanding of the practical application of HR
- Commitment to high standards and an unwavering attention to detail
- Professional qualifications, or the desire to pursue one, are valuable but not essential
As a responsible business, it is important that we represent the diversity of our people, our clients and our communities. We believe that the firms that thrive are those with the most diverse team; that's why we work so hard to source the best talent from the broadest pool possible. As an equal opportunities employer we strive to accommodate anyone who may have specific needs. If you require reasonable adjustments to be made during the selection process, please talk to a member of the recruitment team so that any required adjustments can be made in advance.