A fantastic opportunity for an HR Assistant to join a highly regarded law firm. This is a broad-ranging role working as a member of the HR team to assist with providing a comprehensive HR service across their national office network.
The HR Assistant is likely to be involved with the following:
Recruitment and resourcing
- Supporting recruitment activity by preparing job descriptions, ads for the website or social media, co-ordinating interviews, liaising with agencies etc.
- Responding to recruitment enquiries and keeping records.
- Assisting with graduate recruitment, recruitment fairs and work placements.
- Helping to maintain HR data accurately and confidently. This is largely managed through the HRIS Cascade.
- Running reports and providing data for external surveys.
- Helping to analyse data from internal surveys and presenting data in accessible and user-friendly formats (eg graphs, charts etc).
- To assist with compilation of regular reports.
- Responding to queries about HR matters from staff and partners.
- Assisting with keeping the intranet up to date with information on people policies and issues.
- To assist with HR projects or initiatives as appropriate.
- Assisting with new joiner administration.
- Assisting with co-ordinating probation reviews or flexible working reviews to ensure these take place at the appropriate time.
- Assisting with leaver administration.
Pay and benefits
- Assisting with the monthly payroll.
- Assisting with due diligence for the annual salary review and review of benefits. This will involve work on spreadsheets.
- Assisting with preparing and checking salary review letters/bonus letters.
- Assisting with administrative aspects of the firm’s benefits including pension arrangements, life assurance, private medical insurance etc.
The successful applicant will have gained previous experience of working within HR, ideally within professional services, and possess excellent writing skills. You will have good interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships at all levels of the business and with external contacts and suppliers. You will also have the competency to build up a good working knowledge of the firm’s HR processes and procedures, including terms and conditions and information contained with the Staff Handbook.
As a responsible business, it is important that we represent the diversity of our people, our clients and our communities. We believe that the firms that thrive are those with the most diverse team; that's why we work so hard to source the best talent from the broadest pool possible. As an equal opportunities employer we strive to accommodate anyone who may have specific needs. If you require reasonable adjustments to be made during the selection process, please talk to a member of the recruitment team so that any required adjustments can be made in advance.