An exciting opportunity for an HR Advisor to join a leading international law firm and their highly regarded HR team.
The key duties and responsibilities include:
- Provide administrative support to the HR Manager (HRM) for all processes i.e. leavers, probation, parental leave, exit interviews, promotions, changes to contracts of employment etc.
- Attend employee relation meetings in a note taking capacity.
- Preparing new joiner induction schedules.
- Carry out day 1 ‘welcome’ meeting including sharing the induction pack.
- Maintain the business support pages of the London HR internal site, including line manager tool kits.
- Work close with HRM on HR projects, as and when appropriate.
- Be the ADP absence management superuser
- Administer holiday carry over process.
- Delivery holiday booking/system training to new joiners and line managers.
- Process monthly payroll transactions and liaise with payroll specialist to ensure that all payroll changes are understood and administered within deadlines.
- Answer payroll queries and assist with payroll audits.
- Ensure tracker documents are up to date and system notifications are processed in a timely manner.
- Manage the leaver process for associates and business support individuals. Prepare leaver letters, update PeopleSoft, ensure leavers are processed in time for payroll deadlines.
- Update and send the weekly SML list.
- Maintain HR procedure manuals.
- Regularly monitor London HR inbox and respond accordingly.
- Have a basic knowledge of UK employment law and maintain up to date knowledge.
- Assist HRM with updating policies.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Some previous experience in an administrative role, ideally in a corporate, legal or professional services environment.
- Graduate or equivalent
- Proven previous experience working with databases and systems
- Adaptable and flexible in thinking and approach
- Strong team player
- Commercial outlook. Proactive, solution driven and delivers results
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrate high levels of integrity and discretion
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Excellent client service skills
As a responsible business, it is important that we represent the diversity of our people, our clients and our communities. We believe that the firms that thrive are those with the most diverse team; that's why we work so hard to source the best talent from the broadest pool possible. As an equal opportunities employer we strive to accommodate anyone who may have specific needs. If you require reasonable adjustments to be made during the selection process, please talk to a member of the recruitment team so that any required adjustments can be made in advance