Legal Head Cashier - 12 Month FTC
We are partnering with a leading law firm to recruit a proactive, confident, and enthusiastic Legal Head Cashier for a 12 Month Fixed-Term Contract. The successful candidate will join the Finance team and showcase their expertise in managing a legal cashier team, with a strong focus on the SRA Accounts Rules.
As Legal Head Cashier, you will assume a pivotal position, responsible for motivating and inspiring our cashier team while building confidence within the firm. Your exceptional ability to prioritise tasks, maintain accuracy, and handle a high volume of work will be instrumental to your success in this role.
The Head Cashier role entails the following responsibilities:
- Leading and managing a small team of cashiers, ensuring their motivation, training, and efficient performance of daily, weekly, and monthly tasks.
- Delegating tasks within the cashier team, including processing client and office payments, reconciling bank accounts, allocating receipts, investigating suspense ledger entries, and managing foreign currency orders and reconciliations.
- Maintaining compliance with SRA Accounts Rules for deposit and joint accounts.
- Acting as the key contact for the firm's adherence to SRA accounts rules.
- Overseeing the residual client balances process, ensuring compliance with SRA Accounts Rules.
- Participating in the annual client monies audit, collaborating with auditors, Finance team members, and fee earners to facilitate a smooth audit process.
- Developing training materials and conducting sessions to ensure staff compliance with SRA accounts rules and firm policies and procedures.
- Maintaining the central register of bank accounts in accordance with SRA rules.
- Continuously reviewing, documenting, and enhancing processes and procedures.
The ideal candidate for the Head Cashier role should possess the following qualifications:
- Excellent communication and management skills, inspiring and leading others effectively.
- In-depth knowledge and experience with SRA account rules.
- Ability to foster confidence among colleagues and stakeholders.
- Experience using Elite 3E.
- Accounting qualifications or relevant experience in a legal finance role.