We are delighted to continue working in partnership with this Top UK Law Firm. Due to their impressive expansion plans, they are now looking to hire a Group Reporting Accountant, ideally based in their impressive Birmingham office but you could also be based in London. The role reports directly into the Group Reporting Manager with a dotted line in to the EMEA Financial Controller and your main remit will be Management accounts, preparation of Financial statements (UK GAAP), support audit process, executing TP policy.
They are ideally looking for someone from the Legal Sector or Professional Services.
What you will be doing
- Producing monthly management accounts, period end UK GAAP Accounts for audit support files and managing the audit of the non UK audit entities. Review, monitor and explain significant variances – work closely with the Financial Controller EMEA in order to ensure that appropriate communication, understanding and action as appropriate.
- Handling accounts queries raised by the International tax manager and International finance operations managers working as directed by the Regional Financial Controller (EMEA).
- Work closely with the EMEA FC and International Finance managers to ensure that accruals are captured.
- Balance sheet reconciliations
- Review the TB for each international location and maintain integrity of the General ledger.
- Manage, review and develop a direct report.
- Manage the collation and inputs of overhead planning information to the planning system for the international offices.
- Provide Gl analysis upon request.
- Develop hands on use of Adaptive planning, Aderant and BI tools.
- Develop an understanding of local gaap differences
- Develop a good understanding of the transfer pricing policy and action recharges as appropriate.
- Develop an understanding of revenue and cost recognition policies aligned with tax practice.
- Ad hoc responsibilities as set by the line manager.
Ideal experience they are looking for
- Qualified ACA
- Working with high performing teams in a services sector
- Continuous improvement mindset
- 3 years + Audit experience gained within practice
- Working knowledge of direct & indirect tax reporting and compliance
They offer agile working, an excellent benefits package - including bonus and a clear career progression path.