Totum are delighted to be working with this prestigious US Law Firm in their search for detail-oriented finance professional with expertise in pensions scheme accounts experience (including SORP) financial reporting and budgeting. The role is a 14 month FTC and offers Hybrid working – 3 days in the office, 2 days from home. They offer an amazing working environment and benefits to boot! Hours are 9.30-5.30.
About the role
Reporting to the Manager of Financial Reporting & Budgeting, your key responsibilities will include:
- Preparing monthly financial reports in compliance with UK and global requirements and deadlines.
- Conducting ongoing analysis and maintenance of General Ledger accounts, performing balance-sheet reconciliations, and addressing reporting requirements and posting errors.
- Managing the production of pension scheme accounts, including coordination with trustees, auditors, investment managers, and actuaries. This involves maintaining cashbook records, conducting account reconciliations, and documenting processes.
- Assisting in the preparation and production of year-end statutory LLP accounts for the UK, collaborating with auditors, tax specialists, and subsidiary offices. This includes analyzing intercompany transactions, reconciling debtors and creditors, preparing balance sheet reconciliations, and documenting processes.
- Overseeing London office management accounts for month-end, including accrual and prepayment calculations, journal adjustments, reconciliation of management accounts, variance analysis, and explanations to stakeholders.
- Assisting with the preparation, validation, and expensing of monthly payroll data, ensuring accurate reconciliation of payroll control accounts and liaising with HR for manual payments.
- Supervising multicurrency cash-flow forecasts and inputting data into the Treasury Management System (TM5), collaborating with the Global Head of Treasury and supporting Treasury commitments.
- Managing multicurrency transactions resulting from treasury operations and reconciling balances with the US.
- Overseeing fixed asset financial information, adhering to accounting policies, and managing depreciation journals and equipment usage fee recharge.
- Assisting in the preparation and production of the London annual cost and revenue budget, inputting data into the budget system (TM1).
- Supporting the preparation and distribution of monthly financial performance information to Group Practice Leaders.
- Preparing information for external bodies, such as the Office for National Statistics and other similar returns.
- Handling ad hoc work requests from the Manager of Financial Reporting & Budgeting.
Experience and qualifications they are looking for
- Qualified CIMA, ACCA, ACA, or equivalent.
- Prior experience in both partnership and non-partnership environments is preferable.
- Essential experience in preparing statutory accounts and pension scheme accounts within a Limited Liability Partnership.
- Strong working knowledge of Excel, including pivot tables and lookups.
- Familiarity with multi-currency accounting packages, ideally Aderant.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Adaptable and flexible approach to work.
- Strong organizational and time management abilities.
- Collaborative team player.
As a responsible business, it is important that we represent the diversity of our people, our clients and our communities. We believe that the firms that thrive are those with the most diverse team; that's why we work so hard to source the best talent from the broadest pool possible. As an equal opportunities employer we strive to accommodate anyone who may have specific needs. If you require reasonable adjustments to be made during the selection process, please talk to a member of the recruitment team so that any required adjustments can be made in advance.