This is a great opportunity, working for a leading Law Firm based either in London or in the South West, for someone with strong Systems and Reporting skills to be more business facing and have an impact on the development of the reporting systems for the firm. They offer hybrid working and an excellent benefits package.
The Team - The Finance Systems team comprises of the Manager and Analyst sitting within a larger Finance Team. The Finance Systems team report directly to the CFO.
Purpose of the Function
- Provide timely, accurate, insightful and accessible business critical Management Information to stakeholders in innovative ways.
- Purpose of the Role
- The Finance Reporting Analyst will support the Finance Systems and Reporting Manager in delivering high quality reporting to the business.
- Essential requirements and skills
- Ability to learn about the firm’s systems, data, processes and understand your audience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Able to be a great team player, work with various departments and build strong stakeholder rapport.
- Strong organisational and planning skills.
- An expert understanding of SQL.
- Expert IT skills in using Excel and Microsoft BI technologies, including SSRS and Power BI.
- Knowledge of Aderant and the legal sector.
- Through a strong knowledge of the Aderant database, the data warehouse and SQL: -
- Harness problem solving skills to deliver reporting solutions.
- Evaluate data/reporting requests and recommend the most suitable platform to deliver the request.
- Specify, build, and deploy SSRS reports to deliver on reporting requests across the business.
- Utilise PowerBI to visualise data and reporting requests.
- Further develop the firms PowerBI suite which is in its primitive stages of development.
- Produce high quality ad-hoc reporting output.
- Detailed knowledge of the data warehouse model, and the ability to use this knowledge to create and distribute reporting solutions and insight.
- Insert cost data into the Aderant Spotlight profitability cube to enable Client and Matter level profitability reporting.
- Champion the importance of Data and Data quality across the organisation.