Totum are delighted to be working with this boutique Law Firm in their search for a Finance Manager / Management Accountant.
You will be a Qualified or Part Qualified Accountant who has experience of working within the Legal Sector. Previous use of Aderant would be an advantage.
About the role
Reporting to the the Financial Controller you will be responsible for the financial reporting, preparing payroll and VAT. The role is Hybrid - 3 days in the office but you would be expected to be in the office 5 days whilst doing your initial training.
• Preparation of monthly payroll details for the outsourced payroll providers.
• Prepare all monthly payroll and benefits journals for posting.
• Maintain payroll and benefits balance sheet reconciliations.
• Administration of retirement schemes (US and UK) - monthly UK and US administrative tasks.
• Prepare UK, Spanish, Singapore and French indirect tax returns (e.g. GST, VAT)
• Ensure transactions are processed in accordance with UK Solicitor’s Accounts Rules.
• Ensure appropriate treasury management across the firm’s bank accounts.
• Support the preparation of accounts for UK, US, Spanish, Singapore and French tax purposes.
• Respond to accounting, tax, indirect tax, Solicitor’s Accounts Rules and other finance queries.
• Prepare monthly schedules for accruals, prepayments, fixed assets, payroll & benefits.
• Maintain balance sheet monthly reconciliation processes.
• Assist with treasury management and maintain cashflow forecasts for the firm.
• Prepare ad-hoc analysis to support decision making for the Management Team.
As a responsible business, it is important that we represent the diversity of our people, our clients and our communities. We believe that the firms that thrive are those with the most diverse team; that's why we work so hard to source the best talent from the broadest pool possible. As an equal opportunities employer we strive to accommodate anyone who may have specific needs. If you require reasonable adjustments to be made during the selection process, please talk to a member of the recruitment team so that any required adjustments can be made in advance.