We are delighted to be partnering with one of the South West’s Top Law Firms in their search for a Data Analyst to join their Finance Team.
This is a great opportunity where you will be directly involved with supporting senior stakeholders within the business and also get involved with lots of project – including the current systems change from Elite to 3E.
In addition to working from an Award Winning Office they offer an extensive benefits package that includes weekly Yoga and Pilate classes.
Experience they are looking for include:
- Be able to write complete SQL script to query on data, and have a good knowledge of MS SQL Server
- Have strong IT skills including Excel
- Be task orientated and curious, using problem solving skills to deliver practical solutions and analysis
- Be aware of and understand the need to work using query optimization techniques as well as ensuring code is well written, presented and scalable
- Basic skills in Data Modelling and Database Development
- Good communication skills - particularly the ability to translate technical and complex detail into widely understood business terms
- Ability to write clear and concise documentation to enable the team to follow a process or task
- Be a proactive and flexible individual
- Experience with BI tools in an enterprise environment (i.e. Business Objects)
What you will be involved in:
- Develop a detailed knowledge of the data sources within the finance reporting and related applications
- Interpret requests and deliver the information using the most appropriate solution and in a clear and concise format
- Develop a strong working relationship with key stakeholders and become a go-to person for quick, accurate and understandable solutions
- Have responsibility for running month end from the systems perspective, including liaising with the finance teams and working through any data issues
- Contribute to the on-going development of the firm's financial and reporting applications and assisting the project team on the new practice management system
- Support the Finance team as required in presenting timely and accurate information to the business
- Carefully prioritise requests, responding quickly and appropriately to ensure that work is delivered to deadlines