Totum are delighted to be partnering with this Top 50 International Law Firm in their search for a Finance Assistant to join their team that deals with all matters relating to the Partners of the Firm. As a trusted advisor, you will be be the “go to” on all partner related matters and also have extensive liaison with Tax and Finance Teams.
The firm has a friendly and stable working environment and offers great career progression opportunities and study support.
- You will ideally have experience of working with the legal/professional services sector and worked within a partnership environment.
- Are a Part Qualified Accountant – AAT/ACCA/CIMA
- Posses excellent organisational and communication skills
- Have a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office. Must be confident using Excel with linked spreadsheet and formulas such as Sumif and Vlookup.
What you will be doing
- Monthly drawings, quarterly distribution and bi-annual bonus payment processes, including calculation of amounts due to partners, accurate collection of disbursements from partners and ensuring accurate/timely sending of statements to individual partners.
- Bank reconciliations for all partner related bank accounts.
- Maintain complete and accurate data in respect of partner remuneration.
- Transaction entry, reconciliation and review of all accounts in the firm's finance system relating to Partner Matters.
- Assisting the Taxation Team with recording tax transactions (including tax payments, tax provisions, external advisers' fees, etc) in Elite 3E as required.
- Working with the Financial Accountants and overseas offices to ensure completeness and accuracy of all the above, ensuring that errors/omissions are identified, corrected and that reoccurrence is minimised.
- Attending to queries from the partners and third parties as required in relation to all the above.
- Provide confirmation of individual Partners' earnings to third parties as required.
- Provide estimates of individual equity partner profit share and cashflow calculations on an ad-hoc basis.
- Provision and maintenance of partner life and disability insurance schedules to the insurance provider.
As a responsible business, it is important that we represent the diversity of our people, our clients and our communities. We believe that the firms that thrive are those with the most diverse team; that's why we work so hard to source the best talent from the broadest pool possible. As an equal opportunities employer we strive to accommodate anyone who may have specific needs. If you require reasonable adjustments to be made during the selection process, please talk to a member of the recruitment team so that any required adjustments can be made in advance.