Totum Partners is delighted to work with a legal services firm recruiting for a Finance Assistant. This would be ideal for someone looking for a broad legal finance role encompassing Billing, Credit Control and Accounts.
A study package is available for those who wish to pursue a qualification.
The ideal Finance Assistant will be responsible for the following:
- Maintaining purchase and bill ledgers
- Dealing with client account receipts and payments
- Credit control support
- Producing Bills and WIP reports
- Management of payments and transfers from bank accounts
- Preparation of monthly payroll details for the outsourced payroll provider
- Review of all client account transactions every month
- Ensuring transactions comply with firm policies
- Posting journal entries
- Reconciling control accounts
- Completion of VAT returns
- Helping set up new accounting systems and processes
- Handling day-to-day finance queries
The ideal Finance Assistant will have:
- Experience using Aderant or Elite
- Previous legal sector experience
- Experience in legal billing
As a responsible business, it is important that we represent the diversity of our people, our clients and our communities. We believe that the firms that thrive are those with the most diverse team; that's why we work so hard to source the best talent from the broadest pool possible. As an equal opportunities employer we strive to accommodate anyone who may have specific needs. If you require reasonable adjustments to be made during the selection process, please talk to a member of the recruitment team so that any required adjustments can be made in advance.