An international law firm has an exciting opportunity for an Early Careers specialist to join them, to be responsible for the delivery of the legal apprenticeship scheme at the firm.
Key responsibilities will include:
- In collaboration with the Graduate Recruitment and D&I teams, scope effective routes to identify and attract talent, including liaising with schools, outreach providers and media outlets.
Work with our PR and Comms team on external communications campaign to attract suitable candidates.
- Deliver effective recruitment processes, including:
- An efficient process for screening, interviewing and assessing candidates;
- Managing and tracking the candidate application and selection process.
- Liaise regularly with key stakeholders to ensure the apprenticeship seating plan is delivering for both the apprentices and the departments they sit in.
- Liaise with the L&D team to ensure apprentices have appropriate internal training to support the development of their legal and interpersonal skills.
- Liaise regularly with the Training Principles and members of the trainee team to ensure there is good synergy between the trainee and apprenticeship lifecycles.
Ongoing pastoral, HR and L&D support
- Deliver an effective onboarding process for apprentices.
- Provide pastoral and HR support for legal apprentices throughout their time at the firm, from application through to qualification.
- Pre-empt and manage performance management and employee relations issues concerning apprentices sensitively and rigorously, as and when the may arise.
- Organise social events for apprentices and facilitate contact with external solicitor apprenticeship networks.
The successful applicant will have gained the following key skills:
- Minimum of 4 years experience in either graduate Recruitment, HR And/or Learning & Development, gained within the legal sector or other professional services firm.
- Experience developing and managing apprenticeship programmes, outreach/work experience programmes and D&I initiatives.
As a responsible business, it is important that we represent the diversity of our people, our clients and our communities. We believe that the firms that thrive are those with the most diverse team; that's why we work so hard to source the best talent from the broadest pool possible. As an equal opportunities employer we strive to accommodate anyone who may have specific needs. If you require reasonable adjustments to be made during the selection process, please talk to a member of the recruitment team so that any required adjustments can be made in advance.