This is a fabulous newly created role that would suit someone at Mid-Management Level who has either a background in Finance with an interest/ experience of Procurement or a Procurement Specialist!
Working for a Top 50 International Law firm, you will be reporting to and supporting the Global Head of Procurement. You will be responsible for implementing processes and procedures and ensuring policies are adhered to. Key things they are looking for are excellent attention to detail, good systems skills, a desire to want to implement change for the better and improving processes. Good Business Partnering skills are essential to due to the stakeholders you will be dealing with.
This is a great opportunity for someone who really wants to make their mark and have an impact.
The Commercial Administrator will be responsible for carrying out a wide range of tasks within the Global Commercial function relating to all aspects of the function, as well as close liaison and collaboration with individuals across the firm.
Areas of activity which you will immediately support will include:
- Contract and Supplier Database: gathering data from finance systems, compliance forms, and digital files to input data, and upload documentation to the existing Contract and Supplier Database. Ongoing maintenance and updating of the database.
- Policy and Process Documentation: management of documentation, version control, and publication of updates on intranet.
- Supplier Onboarding: issuing questionnaires to potential suppliers, managing the compliance check process, capturing data for onboarded suppliers and uploading new suppliers to the supplier database and ensuring that consistent data is uploaded to the finance system.
- Property Management and Lease Renewal: maintenance of data to enable the management of property refurbishments, relocations, and lease renewal.
- Management of key suppliers: maintenance of contract and pricing detail, handling key supplier service issues.
- London office supplier programme: gathering data and supporting the management of all London office suppliers in preparation for relocation.
Projects which you will also support or manage will include:
- Procurement and Compliance software: implementation, and system support following go-live.
- Virtual Payment Programme: implementation of a virtual card payment programme, administration of data, including approval hierarchies, and liaison with the Accounts and Financial Systems teams in support of new card implementations.
- Travel Programme: implementation of a global Corporate Travel programme including the procurement of Travel Management Company(s) and their subsequent management. Service issue handling and escalation on behalf of travellers and bookers.
- Purchase to Payment & Expense Management: software procurement, and implementation support. Post go-live training programme management and provision of ongoing support to finance systems team including maintenance of approval rules and hierarchies.
- London Office Relocation: termination, extension and transition of goods and service contracts during the London Office relocation project. Support and management of the procurement of design and construction services, furniture, and other elements of required for the preparation of the future office space.
Skills and experience – essential
- Experience working in a commercial environment.
- Positive and fearless approach combined with a willingness to learn new tasks.
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral.
- Strong numeracy skills.
- The motivation to deliver high levels of accuracy and quality whenever presenting work.
- Ability to communicate and collaborate with colleagues at all levels.
- Strong organisation skills.
- Good knowledge of Outlook, Word, Powerpoint and Excel.
- The ability to remain calm and focused under pressure, requesting assistance when necessary.
- A proactive and flexible attitude towards ad hoc tasks.
- The ability to remain tactful and diplomatic in pressured situations.
- Trustful, honest and respectful of confidentiality requirements.
- The initiative to continually assess where the role can be developed.