Chief Operating Officer
A UK Pinsent Masons Office with occasional travel
The Pinsent Masons brand is synonymous with being one of the best to work for amongst the large UK law firms. Amid a long list of accolades, Pinsent Masons has continually appeared as one of the top law firms in the FT Innovative Lawyers and FT Diversity Leaders lists. Unlike many other law firms, Pinsent Masons aligns every aspect of its business around a sense of purpose creating an inclusive, diverse, and considerate professional services firm with law at its core.
The firm is looking to hire a Chief Operating Officer to provide strong leadership to the Business Operations Directors and their functions; supporting and inspiring them to ensure they deliver to the best of their ability and fostering co-operation and teamwork between functions and regions to ensure an efficient and top quality operation.
Reporting to the newly appointed Managing Parter and sitting on the firm’s Operations Committee the job holder will play a lead role in ensuring the business operations support to the firm is fit for the future and supportive of the firm's strategy and newly articulated “Vision 26”.
The Operations Committee will expect their new COO to:
- Show gravitas, insight, and commercial contribution, coupled with the tenacity to keep the firm’s plans moving apace.
- Demonstrate ‘the art of the possible’ and to implement decisions expeditiously and with conviction.
- Contribute to strategic discussions, bringing to the debate insights into operational implementation to ensure the business continues to develop with momentum as a modern, forward thinking and dynamic purpose-led professional services firm.
- Ensure a rigorous, return on investment “business” approach is taken to all decision making.
- Build strong working relationships across the senior Business Operations Director team will be a key to success and be comfortable leading cross-functional projects.
Applicants will have strong general management experience with a proven track record in leading change and delivering service and value. They could be at Chief Operating Officer level already or be looking to transition to such a role. This experience could have been gained in a wide variety of organisations and sectors but professional services partnership and complex international business experience will be an advantage.
Applicants should demonstrate sound judgement, be agile in approach, pragmatic and comfortable in a changing, sometimes ambiguous landscape. They will be strong and persuasive leaders who communicate with a sense of purpose and urgency, inspiring loyalty and motivating others to give of their best. They will always look with a clear mind to achieve results and find solutions with a robust spirit that allows them to take the rough with the smooth.
If this role is of interest, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Totum is working in partnership with Pinsent Masons and any direct or third-party applications will be forwarded to them.
As a responsible business, it is important that we represent the diversity of our people, our clients and our communities. We believe that the firms that thrive are those with the most diverse team; that's why we work so hard to source the best talent from the broadest pool possible. As an equal opportunities employer we strive to accommodate anyone who may have specific needs. If you require reasonable adjustments to be made during the selection process, please talk to a member of the recruitment team so that any required adjustments can be made in advance.