Totum Partners are delighted to be recruiting a Billing Operations Manager for a leading international law firm, and you would be responsible for the Billing and Management of a team delivering Billing and E-Billing to the EMEA region.
The ideal Billing Operations Manager will be responsible for:
- Design, develop and implement the billing objectives for the firm.
- Streamlining effective billing processes
- Manage and control the firm’s client billing (including e-billing), WIP and debt.
- Support pricing decisions and rate negotiations
- Engage and drive a high performing culture across the billing function (cost clerks and executive assistants)
- Responsible for the completion of the annual performance reviews of direct reports
- Developing a succession and progression plan for the costs team to ensure we have a talent pipeline
- Deliver a high-quality billing and collections process
- Initiate improvements to enhance the quality of service, regularly report on positions and escalate increasing client exposures
- Provide proactive advice and guidance to Partners and members of Business Services on the billing function and service.
- Provide strategic management information to the Head of Finance Operations and FD when required
The ideal Billing Operations Manager will have:
- Experience of working in a similar role within a professional services environment (ideally legal)
- Client focused – with the ability to adapt approach and service to meet the needs of clients
- Ability to build strong business relationships with internal and external contacts
- Experience in managing a team