We are delighted to be working on an exclusive basis with a specialist boutique law firm who are looking to hire a talented and commercially minded BD & Marketing Manager to join them in a newly created role to support the growth and development of the firm. This is an interesting firm, who operate in a different way to traditional law firms and have a strong entrepreneurial mindset.
The firm are well established and have a superb reputation. They are UK based with an international reach and the lawyers are highly regarded in their field of expertise with a real passion for what they do. They have evolved significantly over recent times and have ambitious plans to continue this upward trajectory.
The culture is collaborative, with a ‘can-do’, proactive approach. Everyone’s opinion is valued and respected and people are encouraged to challenge the status quo.
The BD & Marketing Manager role has a broad and varied remit and will take the lead on the strategic planning and tactical delivery of a range of areas, including:
- Designing and implementing a tailored BD plan to support key practice areas across the firm, designed to create new opportunities and strengthen existing relationships.
- Manage existing relationships with UK referral law firms and the wider global referral network and identify opportunities to develop new relationships.
- Provide insight and analysis of client BD meetings, referrals and leads, reporting to senior stakeholders and providing guidance and advice.
- Develop opportunities for networking within industry associations and relevant business organisations.
- Introduce and implement a CRM system to improve efficiency.
- Collaborate with stakeholders and PSL’s to generate content for the firms’ website and social media.
- Project manage the tender process from initial qualification through to presentation rehearsals.
- Proactively seek out and track new tender opportunities.
- Plan and execute conferences, exhibitions, seminars and webinars.
- Attend in person events for networking purposes.
- Handle press releases and media comms, supporting stakeholders with preparations for interviews where needed.
- Identify opportunities for thought leadership and expert articles and liaise with UK media to gain coverage.
The successful candidate for this BD & Marketing Manager role will be educated to degree standard and/or hold a professional marketing qualification. Great stakeholder management experience is required, along with a strong commercial awareness and a proven track record of delivering results.
Solid BD & Marketing experience gained in a professional services environment is essential for this role, as well as the ability to work proactively and be self-sufficient. This BD & Marketing Manager role will lead on all things BD and Marketing, so a creative, hands-on approach is required.
Equal Opportunities: As a responsible business, it is important that we represent the diversity of our people, our clients and our communities. We believe that the firms that thrive are those with the most diverse teams; that's why we work so hard to source the best talent from the broadest pool possible. As an equal opportunity employer we strive to accommodate anyone who may have specific needs. If you require reasonable adjustments to be made during the selection process, please talk to a member of the recruitment team so that any required adjustments can be made in advance.